Proposal season is well under way and newly-engaged couples are beginning their wedding-planning journey. First up: Picking a Venue. Now.
Why? Because there are a lot less weekends in the year than there are couples getting married. If you have a specific date in mind, you need to book it and the venue of your choice before someone else does. Here is a quick guide on how to do this.
1. Pick your date as well as a few alternate dates.
2. Pick a geographic location that is convenient.
3. Google search “Banquet Halls in Sterling Heights” or “Wedding Venues in Macomb County” for reputable facilities.
4. Call several wedding venues/banquet halls in that area to make appointments for a tour and consultation.
5. During your appointment, keep the following things in mind:
Do you need a ceremony site?
What type of reception do you envision? i.e., Evening dinner or Daytime luncheon, Open Bar or No Bar, etc.
Your guest count (rough estimate)
Deposit and Cancellation Policies
6. Make sure you take notes to help narrow down your prospective venue list.
7. Discuss the pros and cons with your fiancé and come to a mutual decision.
8. Place the required deposit to book your date and venue.
9. Exhale. You just crossed off a BIG item off your To-Do List.
Booking a wedding reception venue early allows you to create a base timeline for the remainder of your wedding planning. Also, since it is a large portion of any wedding budget, it helps you financially plan for the rest of your special day.
MCC (Macedonian Cultural Center) Banquets and Events ~ 586.731.4050 ~ www.mccbanquethall.com